I loveeee Strawberries and I love chocolate so could there a better combination than chocolate covered strawberries?!
These are perfect for your sweet afternoon pick me ups and will not cause the usual slump that comes with high processed and sugary foods.
2 tbsp. coconut oil
3 tbsp. cacao powder
1 tbsp. honey
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Wash strawberries but keep tops on and once dry place on a plate with baking paper.
2. Add the coconut oil to a saucepan and melt on a medium heat
3. Once the coconut oil is melted add the cacao powder and stir and then add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Place the mixture into a bowl and one by one begin coating the strawberries by dipping and rotating in the chocolate mix. Do this a couple of times to get a thicker coat.
5. Once you feel the strawberries are coated enough, lift and let any excess drip off then lightly place the strawberries on the plate.
6. Follow this for all strawberries and once finished pop in the fridge for around an hour (or until chocolate has hardened)