Here’s a little treat I made in prep for the celebration. Strawberry and coconut chocolate butter cups. Even the name is enough to make you excited!
Made using completely natural ingredients such as coconut butter, honey, cocoa & strawberry these butter cups have a rich & velvety chocolate outside and a sweet, soft & gooey inside.
They will make the perfect date night dessert or even the best treat yourself goodie!
For the chocolate;
1/2 cup of cocoa or cacao powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
5 tbsp coconut butter (softened)
1 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
For the strawberry filling
1 tbsp coconut butter
1tbsp coconut oil
5 tbsp dried freeze strawberry (I brought mine in Waitrose)
1 tbsp honey
& 5 muffin cases
– Start by mixing all of the strawberry filling ingredients into a bowl.
– once the mixture is evenly mixed, place some baking paper over a baking tray.
– spoon a tbsp of the mixture from the bowl and place onto the baking paper in as much as a circle shape as you can get. – you need 5 circles.
– place this is the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
– whilst this is in the freezer, prepare the chocolate.
– start by melting the coconut oil and coconut butter and then add the maple syrup.
– next slowly add the cocoa/cacao and continually stir until you have a thick consistency.
– add 2tbsp of the chocolate to each muffin case.
– get the strawberry coconut mix from the freezer, and if needed mould the shape to suit the size of the muffin cases.
– place each strawberry coconut mound on top of the bottom layer of chocolate.
– then top with 1 tbsp of chocolate.