If your a Terry’s chocolate orange or a Jaffa cake fan then this recipe is for you. With a healthy twist and made using just 5 simple ingredients these indulgent chocolate truffles are raw, vegan, gluten free & refined sugar free and yet they still taste divine!
For this recipe I used Choc Chicks Mandarin hot chocolate cacao powder to give it an extra citrus kick! You can find this here, and in the sale too!
3 tbsp cacao powder (plus more for coating)
– squeeze and zest the oranges and set aside in a bowl mixed with the dates for 5 minutes.
– in the mean time, place the almonds in the food process and pulse.
– next add the sultanas and continue to mix.
– then add the dates and orange mixture until a sticky ball is achieved.
– add the cacao powder and pulse again to mix within.
– take 1 heaped tsp of the mixture and roll into small balls before rolling/coating a cacao layer on top.
– place in the fridge for at least an hour & then enjoy!