Pret have recently released the recipe for their delicious almond butter dark chocolate vegan cookies that I couldn’t resist recreating myself – But with a few simple swaps (with my nutritionist head on!) I removed the sugar as there was already syrup in the recipe which I subbed for maple syrup. I also switched the plain white flour to whole meal flour (complex carbs) and cocoa powder for cacao powder (extra antioxidants ) .
Here’s the recipe for you to get stuck into this weekend:
40g flaked almonds
112g Dark chocolate pieces
205g Wholemeal flour
20g Cacao powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
65g Coconut oil
72g Almond butter
100g Maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Pour the flour, Bicarbonate, almond pieces and chocolate pieces into a large bowl.
3. Mix the almond butter, oil, water and maple syrup together and add to the bowl.
4. Mix together with a wooden spoon and then bring the dough together using your hands.
5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Split your dough into 8 golf ball-sized balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
7. Leave to cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!